It’s November! The season for pre-festive season shopping deals. Of particular interest is Black Friday, the fourth Friday in the month when retailers offer consumers bargain deals. This is something that is gaining more and more traction in Kenya with 30% of Kenyans set to participate in Black Friday this year and a projected average spend of 7,500 shillings. Words like ‘deal’, ‘discount’ and ‘bargain’ are enough to get anyone excited, the over-excitement however, can also be what results in you choosing misleading deals.
Never fear for, HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, is here to provide you with reliable black Friday hacks to help you get the most out of your mobile shopping experience.
- Set a budget: Set a clear budget for yourself and stick to it. No deal is worth it if you can’t actually afford it.
- Go incognito: Open an incognito window to enable private browsing and disable plugins, some websites can track your previous visits or coupon plug-ins and adjust their prices accordingly.
- Be a social guru: Have your eyes peeled on social media. Follow retailers on Twitter and Instagram and like them on Facebook for regular and up to date sale news on your social feed. Some stores also have websites where customers can sign up to receive deal alerts.
- Price check ahead of time: Know the average cost of the item you are purchasing. Watch out for hidden shipping/delivery costs and inflated items that “seem” on sale.
- Don’t purchase for the sake of it: Consider what you want to purchase ahead of time in terms of needs not wants. Consider upcoming birthdays and the Festive Season.
- Add to cart ahead of the rush: Once you’ve decided on what you really need, add those items to your cart in advance. In most cases, your discount will auto appear as soon as the sale starts.
- If it feels unsafe, it probably is: Ensure the website you are purchasing from is safe and the payment portal is trusted and secure.
Remember, be patient, not impulsive and you are sure to grab yourself some great deals this coming Black Friday.